Sunday 17 October 2010

A Brighter Shade of Kale

Kale is in season just now and I must admit, it's not one of my favourite vegetables so I was hunting around for a decent recipe. I found a few interesting ones:

Chestnut, kale and chorizo soup

Kale And Roquefort Parcels

Kale Pesto Pasta

However I thought I would try a sort of braised kale recipe with beetroot which was also in the veggie box this week.

I followed this simple Delia Smith recipe substituting Kale for cabbage. Then, I boiled some beetroots until soft. I removed the beetroot from the water and let them cool. Then I grated the beetroot and added it to the kale mixture. Cooked it up with a little vegetable stock until nice and soft. Serve with a pork chop - delicious! Kale is a little bit rougher than cabbage, I enjoyed the combination of the soft beetroot with al dente kale. 

What was in your vegetable box this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment